Sunday 25 April 2010

Reply to Soph's blog on Domestic Violence!


http://sophiesblogjls.blogspot.com/2010/05/domestic-abuse.html

I've got to agree with soph, I have never been involved in domestic violence nor could I ever imagine being involved in. Although I do feel like smacking my boyfriend when he's a bit too cheeky for my liking!

Having said that, before in love with someone that's hurting you mentally or phyiscally must be the worst thing in the world. You'd obviously love them too much to either realise what they're doing is wrong or to stop making excuses for their behaviour and have the power to leave them. I'm sure that being in that situation is easier said then done.

The domestic violence case concerning Rihanna and Chris Brown was heavily featured within the media and I've got to admit although he should not have hit her at all, there are worse cases of domestic violence than this. For example, it could involve rape, repeated violence and mental abuse.
Although Chris Brown did try and justify his actions by explaining that his father had previously been violent at home years ago and this why he behaved in a such manor. Soph did say that people are responsible for their own actions and that there is no excuse for such behaviour. However, although I am definetely not condoing his violent behaviour, the fact that he became used to such behaviour when growing up may be an underlying reason as to why he reacted in this way when arguing with Rihanna.
To contradict myself, if I were arguing with my boyfriend and he got so angry that he lashed out and hit me I can't say that I wouldn't have a go back!
Then this would make me as bad as him, therefore domestic violenc as a whole can become a vicious circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment