Monday 15 March 2010

Hi Drugs


Well, the topic of drugs is never going to be something that I'm entirely interested in. I think that people that take them are stupid, although I can understand the need for the buzz I can't help but pity those addicts on hardcore drugs. I don't see how people would sacrifice their homes, jobs, all of their money just to get a 'fix'.I can understand how awful it must actually be to feel addiction to something that is blatently so bad for your body and welfare, well actually I can't seens as I've never experienced it. But, with all of the negative effects that drugs can give and how much exposure these terrible side effects are I do not see why people are still willing to try certain drugs and risk addiction.
However, we all know that people are willing to risk the bad effects that drugs carry, but what is the reason for this? Some people may argue 'everyone seems to be taking them so what's the harm, nothing happens to them' but everyone is different, thus everyones reaction to drugs is different. Or is it cool to do drugs nowadays? Well, I don't particularly feel like it's cool to take them and don't feel encouraged to take them by anything or anyone.

The recreational use of drugs has been present within our country for hundreds of years and there seems to be no evidence that drug taking will be reducing any time soon. Although people are aware how they can affect your health and disrupt your lifestyle, perhaps ignorance plays an essential role in why people disregard the awful truth surrounding what drugs can do. However, television can also be blamed for perhaps making drugs seem more 'glamorous' than they actually are. For example, shows like Skins demonstrate the highs and lows of drug use, however the 'lower' points of drug use do not deter people using them, of all ages.



Although I am aware that some people do not use drugs for recreational use & actually for their health, on the whole I do not condone drug use.
http://www.talktofrank.com/ There is alot of help available nowadays to help people with their addictions and there is alot more of awareness of the damage they can create. But, having seen how often they have been used for many many years I very much doubt that the number of drug takers will fall any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment