Monday 8 March 2010

Masturbation.



'Masturbation: the primary sexual activity of mankind.In the 19th Century It was a disease: in the 20th Century, it's a cure'- Thomas Szaz.
How far is masturbation considered a part of every day life nowadays? There is very little mention of it but everyone seems to be doing it! If there is any representation of it within a film or television, it is seen as shameful or comical. However, although it was originally seen as 'self harm' in the 18th Century, it is now considered to be a natural thing and there is said to be no harm in it. Sigmund Freud said masturbation is 'our first act of sexual behaviour' and seens as many people have sex every single day, it would be obvious that this kind of behaviour had to start somewhere.


Evidence of the act of masturbation goes all the way back to Ancient Egypt, but the act itself I'm sure takes place under roofs all over the place! Even though I've presented a few random facts about masturbation it's common knowledge that most people age actually love doing it! But I have got to say that it's more boys than girls that are interested in it. These days everyones keens to see what this 'wanking' malarks about, yet if someone actually called you a 'wanker' it's offensive, this is something that will always confuse me. If someone freely masturbates and tells people about it I don't get why they would be mad as they were referred to as a 'wanker'. Although to contradict myself if I were referred to as that I'd be more than upset, even though it is typically a male phrase.

href="http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/masturbationwomen.htm">


I don't personally see the harm in masturbation, but I do think that it's a matter that ought to be kept private. Although some people have misconceptions about it and say 'it'll make you blind' or 'it'll fall off' if it can help or encourage your sexual knowledge and confidence then people should feel free... especially if it might put a smile on your face! haha.

1 comment:

  1. I think you've hit the nail on the head here about 'wanking' in general. With regards to someone using the term 'wanker' in an offensive way, if it was aimed at me, I would probably have to respond with 'Yeah, and?'

    I would have to disagree with you about boys being more interested in doing it than girls though. I bet girls are doing it just as much, they're just less likely to talk about it!

    ReplyDelete