Tuesday 27 April 2010

Drink Driving!


To drink and drive is the most ridiculous thing someone could ever do. I've got to say, I have had an accident in my car and it was awful. Having said that I was on the way home from my boyfriends on a saturday afternoon & had not had a drink at all and I cannot stress how quickly and easy it happened- without being under the influence. I went straight into the back of someone else's car as my car skidded down a bridge, it was impossible for me to stop the car moving on the slippy road, after the car infront briefly flashed its break lights as it stopped suddenly. I was absolutely riddled with guilt that I'd done it, although it was my car that worse off. served me right? Anyway, there is absolutely no excuse for someone to justify getting behind the wheel after downing a few pints. The sad thing is, so many people do it without considering how irresponsible they're actually being. I'm so dopey I can't even say that I feel completelty in control over my car all the time. The fact is as much I love my brum brum, now I know the damage it can cause, I do get afraid of being on the road sometimes, not so much how I drive but other drivers.

At the end of the day, it's not hard to leave your car at home when you know you're going out on the razz. Or to even leave your car at your mates/the pub and get a taxi home when you're feeling a bit tipsy. It's not just the fact you're risking getting arrested or losing your license, you could seriously harm yourself and other people on the road. The limit on drink driving is so low, you may aswell not bother at all. I'd rather get a taxi then risk my license or my sexy car!




If you drive at twice the legal alcohol limit you are at least 30 times more likely to cause a road crash, than a driver who hasn't been drinking.
http://www.dft.gov.uk/think/focusareas/driving/drinkdriving

1 comment:

  1. I think you've covered quite a lot here. I agree with you point on why anyone would want to drive under the influence as it is too high of a risk. I was unaware of the fact about driving at twice the legal alcohol limit, giving a person 30x more chance of causing a road accident!

    I have been in two crashes so far and on each occassion the drivers had no alcohol in their system, so I can't imagine how much worse it could be if someone had consumed alcohol!

    Overall an insightful blog!

    ReplyDelete