Thursday 29 April 2010

under age sex!


The law states that having sex under the age of 16 is illegal within our country.
How many do you know that are either underage and having sex or were underage when they first started having sex? Well I could name a few without even trying. However, I can't exactly see why this rule even exists. I'm sure that there are worse things in the world than two people having sex. However, I think it is important that young people should feel 100% ready before they even consider losing their virginity whether they're under 16 or otherwise. It is a big step to take and can make changes to you physically and mentally.I regret having sex for the first time at the age I did, but more because of who it was with not because of how old I was. This can demonstrate that when you are younger you're more likely to make rash decisions that you may regret when you're older. Perhaps if you do wait until you're at least sixteen you may be more comfortable with yourself and confident and therefore don't feel as though you need to lose virgintiy. Ergo you'll sleep with someone that you are sure will make it memorable for all the right reasons. Rather than being a silly fourteen year old who just 'did it' because everyone seems to be doing it! Infact I think I might have contradicted myself whilst writing this blog! I must admit though, I do believe that people young should try and wait until they're old enough and feel responsible to have sex. If they feel comfortable and have strong feelings for a particular person before the age of 16 then nobody should stop them. However perhaps the law is a guidline then does suggest that people may have a more mature sentiment surrounding sex at the age of 16. Although you cannot control your feelings no matter what age you are. The most important point surrounding this issue is the fact that no matter how old you are, you should always practice safe sex! It constantly appears within the news and papers that children are becoming parents to their own children more and more every year! If you're ready to have sex, you need to be ready with something on the end of it!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/switch/surgery/advice/sex_relationships/sex/age_of_consent/

No comments:

Post a Comment